Horsehay Potteries & Roundhouse
Horsehay Potteries were built by the Coalbrookdale Company by 1796 when new round-ware and dish-moulding houses were added. The potteries were used primarily to make industrial ceramics for the Wright & Jesson process of making wrought iron which had been introduced to the works circa 1781. The industrial buildings included a conical kiln. By 1801 the potteries had been leased to Edward Thursfield and they were recorded as still in operation in 1817, but were closed and converted into 24 separate dwellings by 1843. The kiln was known to have been converted into a Round at the same time became a well known landmark in the area. The 1935 electoral register lists 27 dwellings and households in the Potteries All the original industrial buildings, including the Round House were compulsory purchased by Dawley Urban District Council and cleared of occupants by 1965 and demolished by 1970.