Indoor Market Hall built
Constructed in 1867, the Market Hall was a handsome building of red brick with arcaded facade, vaults underneath, and a turret with bell and clock. The bell and clock were a gift to the town by Lt. Col. William Kenyon Slaney who was described as Lord of the Manor. The building’s façade has been changed over the years, the bell tower removed, and today the Market Hall functions as separate shops.
(© Courtesy of Ironbridge Gorge Museum Trust)